Looking for a coffee cake recipe that doesn’t use sour cream? You’ve come to the right place! This easy coffee cake recipe uses yogurt to create a moist, delicious cake that is perfect for breakfast or the perfect treat for your next coffee break!. You can make it from start to finish and it will just take 30 minutes.
This coffee cake is moist, fluffy, and delicious, with a hint of almond flavor. It’s made without sour cream, so it’s perfect for those who are looking for a lactose-free option. Just a few simple ingredients are all you need to make this tasty treat. The coffee cake is also relatively easy to make, so it’s a great option for those who are short on time.
So what are you waiting for? Preheat your oven and get ready to enjoy a delicious coffee cake that everyone will love.
Coffee Cake Ingredients:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) almond milk
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (240 grams) of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) salt
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup (200 grams) chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour cake pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Take a large bowl, the whipped cream by creaming butter and sugar together until fluffy and light.
- Add eggs, one at a time, to the butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Once your pan has been prepared, pour the batter into it.
- Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!